2019 Eastern Regional Conference
May 2-4, 2019
Praise the Lord for a wonderful conference. Recordings from the HOPE Conference 2019 are available here:
- Brian Wright - Hope of Glory
- Daniel Berger - Biblical Hope for those Labeled with Bipolar
- Mark Hager - A Living Hope for the Hurting
- Bob Froese - Living contented in a Sex-Saturated Society
- Jeff Colon - Finding Hope through Repentance
- Mark Shaw - PTSD, Biblical Compassion and Hope
- Daniel Berger - Biblical Hope for those with PTS(without D)
- Bob Froese - The Process of Change
- Daniel Berger -- Are There Truly Such Things as 'Antidepressants'
- Kurt Froese -- Establishing Rules for Children in the Spirit of God
- Mark Shaw -- Counseling an Addict's Enabler
- Mike Robinson -- Hope in a Secure Salvation, Part 1
- Mike Robinson -- Hope in a Secure Salvation, Part 2
- Nathan Irving -- Hope for the Path of Life
- Rose Colon -- Ministering Hope to the Hopeless
- Brian Wright -- Hope for the Wanderers
- Jeff Colon -- Helping the Homosexual
- Jordan Yoshmine -- Hope for Those Struggling with Same-Sex Attraction
- Kurt Froese -- Contemplative Prayer - A Guide for Children Afraid of Nothing and Everything
- Mark Hager -- Hope - Understanding The Simple Use of Words to Resolve Conflict while Preserving Relationships
- Melanie Hammond -- Finding Hope in Self-Forgetfulness
- Ruth Froese -- Hope in the Face of Unspeakable Evil
2019 SPEAKER BIOS
Dr. Daniel Berger is the founder and director of Alethia International Ministries (AIM), where he continues to write and to speak around the country at various conferences and ministries. He is also an experienced pastor, counselor, school administrator, and the author of numerous books on Christian counseling, practical theology, education, and the history and philosophy of the mental health construct. Daniel studied at Bob Jones University and Florida International University and earned his B.S.in counseling, an M.S. in counseling/ psychology, an M.A. in pastoral studies, and a doctorate in pastoral theology. He is also a certified biblical counselor with the Fellowship of Biblical Counselors (FBC). When he is not traveling to speak, Daniel and his wife Oriana live in Greenville South Carolina with their four children.
Jeff Colon is an Ordained Minister of the Assemblies of God. He is also a certified biblical counselor through the Fellowship of Biblical Counselors (FBC). He holds an MDiv and BA in Biblical Counseling from Master’s Graduate School of Divinity (Evansville, IN). Jeff and his wife Rose served at Pure Life Ministries for 22 years, a ministry which helps Christians dealing with sexual sin. In 2015, Jeff and Rose pioneered a new work called Lighthouse Biblical Counseling Center (LBCC). In addition to Jeff’s role at LBCC, he is the Senior Pastor of Lighthouse on the Rock.
Pastor Bob Froese, PhD, played in the National Hockey League from 1981/82 – 1991/92. His goaltending for the Philadelphia Flyers earned him the William Jennings trophy and a spot on the NHL All Star Team (85/86). In 1987 he played for the Canadian World Championship team, adding a shutout against Russia to his 13 NHL shutouts. After being traded to the New York Rangers, he played to 4 seasons, and then coached goal until becoming player relations liaison for the New York Islanders. That was his job when God called him into full time ministry in March, 1996, at Faith Fellowship Church. He began studying and earned a Master of Arts in Religion from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. in Biblical Counseling from Trinity College of the Bible Theological Seminary. He has served as senior pastor at Faith Fellowship Church since 1998, where he oversees the Faith Fellowship Biblical Counseling Center. He and his wife Ruth have been married for 39 years, and have four sons and two granddaughters.
Mark E. Shaw, D.Min., is Founder of Truth in Love Ministries. As an author, speaker, ordained minister, teacher of the Word, and certified biblical counselor, as well as a certified alcohol and drug addiction counselor (CADAC II), Mark's passion is speaking the truth in love (Eph. 4:15) and seeing God's Word transform lives by the power of the Holy Spirit. Dr. Shaw leads a national team of servant-leaders who desire to see Jesus change lives by pointing people to the "Hope of the Gospel for the Heart of Addiction." The biblical addictions counseling network of The Addiction Connection has been birthed as a result and is a growing movement across the nation.